TVAmy Twitter

My blog

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Stopping Teen Pregnancy


Babies having babies.

No one recommends it.

Everyone says they want to help stop it.

And 450 people who work at it everyday are spending the better part of this week honing their skills in Greenville.

It's the annual conference for the SC Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy. The first time this meeting has been held outside of Charleston!


I was honored to be invited to represent television news on a media panel. We helped organizations learn how to work with the media.

Colleagues from the State Newspaper Health and Fitness Reporter Czerne Reid and the Greenville News and Upstate Parent Magazine's Pete Martin joined me.


When I got to the office, I posted my interview taped as we wrapped up the session at the Hyatt Thursday morning, with the organizations Public Relations Director, Cayci Banks.


No comments:

CW News at Ten First with LIVE CHAT

Make sure to tune in to WYCW Channel 62 (cable 9) to chat live with me and my viewers as I anchor the CW News at Ten.

You get to react instantly to the stories we're following, vote in our LIVE webpoll and talk over the stories with people from across the upstate.

Join us in the CW Live Chat Room live weeknights at Ten!