TVAmy Twitter

My blog

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Gracie's first kiss!

Gracie's first kiss

When you travel to Europe it's a challenge to get everyones body clock adjusted.

So while my husband and Bianna and Jami napped, my 4 year old Gracie and I decided to head out for a little mother daughter time.

Keep in mind she's got about 15 inches of long blonde hair and killer blue eyes. Plus she has chosen some high heeled sandals and a cute dress for our little adventure out on the nearby alley-like, quaint streets of Rome.

There are cafes lining the street with people outside pointing and calling. "Bella" and "Linda". They are turning and pointing to Gracie and oohing and aahing.

We all think our children our beautiful, but I must say this reaction to my sweet Gracie was quite overwhelming. And so endearing.

We go into a ring shop looking at jewelry and the next thing you know a little italian boy approaches.

He couldn't have been more than 7 years old and he immediately comes up to Gracie and grabs her cheeks in his hand and in italian talks about how "bella" she is. (Translation beautiful).

He runs back over to his grandmother and Gracie is trying to understand what is going on, when he races back to her and leans over, and this time kisses her on the cheek and gives her a hug.

He runs off again and Gracie looks embarrassed and says - "did you see that," but before I can answer he is back.

He grabs one of her hands and gives her two or thee kisses on it.

She blushes and then turns to me and says, "Mom I got my first kiss!"

She holds her hand up to her cheek.

The store personal proceed to tell me that the boy had said "I met the love of my life." And that he called Gracie delicioso - delicious!

My little four year old was beside herself with pride in this experience.
I can only imagine the stories she will tell in 4K this fall about the boy who loves her in Italy, where she got her first kiss.

Those romantic Italians sure leave their mark!

No comments:

CW News at Ten First with LIVE CHAT

Make sure to tune in to WYCW Channel 62 (cable 9) to chat live with me and my viewers as I anchor the CW News at Ten.

You get to react instantly to the stories we're following, vote in our LIVE webpoll and talk over the stories with people from across the upstate.

Join us in the CW Live Chat Room live weeknights at Ten!